Thursday, December 18, 2008

Seat belts Save Lives!! Buckle up Please..Sad Post

This Entry is to inform everyone of what they already know. To wear your seat belts. Sometimes I don't even want to put it on just to drive around the corner but just that little moment your life can be taken from you. I want to tell you about two people who are very dear to my heart.

Number one the women that made me. My Biological mother. Although I have never met her, I still have felt a closeness to her for the past year. I feel as though shes my guardian angel. To many miracles have happened in my life to not say there isn't someone protecting me.
Her story goes like this. She had been married a month when she was killed in Wyoming on her way home from visiting her sister. She was on an unfamiliar highway, hit black ice, and rolled her Jeep Grand Cherokee. She was partially ejected from the vehicle, having not worn her seat belt. Needless to say, she died from extensive internal injuries. If she had been wearing her seat belt, she would have lived.

Number two..A good friend. He lived in Box town..The neighborhood in front of mine. We pretty much hung out all through Junior high but high school changed our paths and we went separate ways. He was one of many friends from that area that I still am very good friends with. Just 2 days ago he was driving to work (Las Vegas has had mucho snow) and hit black ice, making his car hit the guardrail and flipping his car 3 times. Guess what he also wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

My heart is full at this time and my blessings are sent out to both of these families.
It is our intent to do everything in our power, to reduce the number of vehicular deaths
from not wearing a seatbelt. If you have loved ones, please stress the importance
of wearing a seatbelt. Don't make them resent you for your lack of good judgement!
Be Smart. Ride Alive. BUCKLE UP!!!!!

Update on what we have been up to..NOTHING. Just getting ready to go to GA till the end of the year so goodbye for now and I hope all of you have a safe and Happy Holidays.

The Royal Family!!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow...that is soo sad! I am a firm believer in seat belts. Not because of anyone I know having an accident, but because I grew up on military bases wear seat belts have always been required and I had parents who stressed wearing them.

Clarise and Ryan Pedersen said...

when are you coming to GA?

Laura Larson said...

although it is sad, it is a good reminder.
have fun in GA!
happy holidays!

Kristi H. said...

Ok, I think I'm going to have to say this again....

TIME FOR A NEW POST!!